By David Bateman
The definitive, up to date consultant to making plans, configuring, and administering Cisco name processing and voice messaging.
This booklet brings jointly the entire hands-on wisdom you must effectively configure and administer Cisco’s flagship IP voice platforms, together with Cisco Unified Communications supervisor (CUCM), solidarity, and team spirit Connection. totally up-to-date for the recent CUCM, harmony, and harmony Connection, model eight, it provides step by step techniques for each universal and complicated job that installers, integrators, and directors will come across.
Long-time Cisco voice implementer and teacher David Bateman starts with transparent, well-organized reasons of Cisco Voice over IP expertise, together with its key services and units. subsequent, he publications you thru instruction and deployment, together with configuring CUCM for max functionality, removal DNS dependencies, defining firm parameters, configuring areas, and imposing safeguard.
the writer offers easy access, step by step recommendations for dozens of post-deployment initiatives, every one with thorough directions and cross-references to prerequisite initiatives anyplace wanted. He demonstrates the best way to combine good points to create extra robust IP voice platforms, completely introduces Cisco’s new administration interface, and gives wide insurance of the most recent function enhancements.
David Bateman is a qualified Cisco teacher, CCNA, and director of curriculum improvement for Skyline-ATS. He has 20+ years of internetworking adventure, together with greater than a decade as a senior LAN/WAN engineer in networks serving as much as 5,000 clients. He then ran the enterprise operations of a technical providers corporation whereas retaining his current networking consumer base. David has taught and carried out Cisco voice applied sciences because 2000. He authored this book’s first version, and co-authored CCNA Voice examination Cram.
* determine a starting place for CUCM: configure companies, set company parameters, sign up units, and more
* upload gateways and consumer devices
* Create dial plans, together with course styles, path lists, path teams, CTI direction issues, translation styles, and path filters
* Configure classification of provider (CoS) and make contact with Admission Control
* enforce IP cellphone provider, media assets, and Extension Mobility
* arrange to install Unity/Connection: be certain integration; outline procedure parameters; and create templates, distribution lists, and CoS
* upload, import, and deal with users
* utilize Unity/Connection name administration, from simple auto-attendant to complex routing ideas and audio-text
* combine legacy voicemail systems
* grasp Unity/Connection’s key administrative instruments and utilities
* Use time-of-day routing, name queuing, and different complex features
This IP communications publication is a part of the Cisco Press® Networking know-how sequence. IP communications titles from Cisco Press aid networking pros comprehend voice and IP telephony applied sciences, plan and layout converged networks, and enforce community ideas for elevated productivity.