By Paul Eggleton
The booklet makes a speciality of the newest discoveries on calreticulin, calnexin and different endoplasmic reticulum proteins. Calreticulin has been implicated to impact various mobile functionality and play a task in lots of pathologies together with protein folding problems, cardiac pathologies, melanoma and autoimmunity. This publication comprises contributions from the realm leaders within the quarter of endoplasmic reticulum functionality, protein folding, Calcium homeostasis and autoimmunity. It increases many exciting questions on calreticulin, calnexin and the endoplasmic reticulum and offers a special chance to gain the importance of those calcium-binding chaperones. The publication is exclusive in each recognize and we're not conscious of the other book concentrating on those features of endoplasmic reticulum biology. due to a crucial position of endoplasmic reticulum, calreticulin and calnexin in nearly all mobile services, the booklet could be of curiosity to every person within the organic sciences.
Read Online or Download Calreticulin (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit) PDF
Best biology books
Mitochondria: sensible Protocols bargains a vast selection of tools for learning the molecular biology, functionality, and lines of mitochondria. some time past decade, mitochondrial learn has elucidated the $64000 impact of mitochondrial tactics on indispensable phone techniques similar to apoptosis and mobile getting older.
This authoritative advisor offers state of the art experiences of the main usually encountered infectious and noninfectious tropical pulmonary ailments and emphasizes present ways to the id, prognosis, and therapy of tropical lung disorders-offering a concise evaluation of imaging providers within the tropics, in addition to authoritative insurance of particular illnesses equivalent to tuberculosis, tropical pulmonary eosinophilia, schistosomiasis, malaria, amebiasis, Behcet's illness, and Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF).
The invention of interleukin-8 on the subject of twenty years in the past initiated a brand new box of analysis pertaining to many elements of immunology and irritation. Interleukin-8 is only one member of a big type of structurally similar chemoattractant proteins, often called chemokines. Chemokines are taken with the site visitors regulate of leukocytes, which endure the corresponding chemokine receptors on their surfaces.
Development in Molecular Biology and Translational technology offers a discussion board for dialogue of recent discoveries, ways, and ideas in molecular biology. It comprises contributions from leaders of their fields and ample references. includes contributions from top authoritiesInforms and updates on the entire most modern advancements within the box
- Fungal Pathogenicity
- Lipidomics and Bioactive Lipids. Lipids and Cell Signaling
- Enzyme Kinetics: Principles and Methods
- Macrophytes in Aquatic Ecosystems: From Biology to Management: Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Aquatic Weeds, European Weed Research Society
- Springer Handbook of Enzymes, 2nd Edition, Supplement Volume S3 (Class 2 Transferases EC 18.104.22.168–22.214.171.124)
- Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning for Molecular Biology (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
Additional resources for Calreticulin (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit)
35. Frickel EM, Riek R, Jelesarov I et al. TROSY-NMR reveals interaction between ERp57 and the tip of the calreticulin P-domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2002; 99:1954-9. 36. Khanna NC, Tokuda M, Waisman DM. Conformational changes induced by binding of divalent cations to calregulin [published erratum appears in J Biol Chem 1986 Dec 5; 261(34):16279]. J Biol Chem 1986; 261:8883-7. 37. Saito Y, Ihara Y, Leach MR et al. Calreticulin functions in vitro as a molecular chaperone for both glycosylated and non-glycosylated proteins.
Disulphide Bridge Full-length calreticulin contains a disulphide bond in the N-terminal half of the molecule, which has been demonstrated to be important for the chaperone function of calreticulin, and hence it must play an important role in the folding of the protein and its ability to interact with specific substrates. 22,23 This is inconsistent with data published on bovine brain material14 but is in agreement with the sequence homologies with calnexin and calmegin as there is no equivalent of calreticulin’s Cys146 in these proteins.
Here we review work on calnexin/calreticulin-assisted glycoprotein folding in the ER, with an emphasis on recent molecular and structural studies. The ER As a Compartment for Protein Folding and Quality Control The majority of secretory proteins, plasma membrane proteins, and proteins of the secretory and endocytic pathways in eukariotic cells are synthesized on membrane-bound ribosomes, and undergo maturation in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). The ER is responsible for translocation, modification, folding, oligomeric assembly, and quality control.